With an increasing demand for electric power on top of dwindling fossil fuels and a growing concern for environmental issues; many businesses and home owners have sought out a more sustainable power solution.
A growing number of businesses have started to tap into this alternative energy source and are hoping to take advantage of its many benefits. Some of which include:
• Financial incentives- NI Renewable Obligation Certificates (NI RoCs) mean that for 20 years, you will be rewarded 12.6 pence (up to a 50kW) for every unit of electricity (kWhr) your Solar PV panels produce.
• Reduced Costs- As you will be producing free electricity from your Solar PV panels, you'll be purchasing less from the grid. You're benefiting from an immediate saving.
• Shows customers you're commitment to protect the environment- Utilising electricity from Solar PV Panels will result in reduced consumption of fuels, thus reducing greenhouse gas emissions and pollution. Going green will not only reduce operation expenses but will serve as a great PR tool. Having an environmentally responsible image is good for any business, as it can generate a positive response from customers.
• High reliability and low maintenance- Solar PV panels have no moving parts and therefore require little or no maintenance at all. The system will provide electricity quietly and cleanly for 25 to 40 years
• Export - Any electricity you don’t consume can be sold to the grid at 5.1 pence per unit (kWhr), with the potential to generate a tidy income.
Check out our video for more information on how you can benefit from Solar power under the NI Renewable Obligation Certificates.